Sunday, January 8, 2012

2012 Theme Word

Assignment:  Choose one word that you would like to become or immolate throughout 2012... OR maybe this word represents a goal.  Then, explain your choice of the word and the impact you hope this word has on your life.

REMINDER:  When you refer to a word or a number as itself, place that word in italics.  See first sentence below.
_______________________

Quiet. A quiet mind. Quiet time. As in, Tammy Time.


I chose the word quiet because I want to let some aspects of life go and focus more on others.  This year accounts for twenty-one years in the education field, a career I have immensely enjoyed, yet a career that has brought me more stress than any other facet of my life.  As I journey back to my original reasons for choosing this career (or did it choose me?!), I need that quiet time to decide the type of teacher I am now and the teacher I want to be become.

At the wise young age of 45, I am learning (yes, that is progressive tense, meaning ongoing, still happening!) that I am still working on the person I am to be. And that work takes time!  I need to deliberately have quiet time to let that person develop, to allow me to be me...or is that I?!

Additionally, I am learning that sometimes the loudest voice I can have is a quiet one.  Maybe too much in my past, I have voiced my opinions, my convictions when I should have set quietly?  I have been testing this theory.  So far?  One positives of this decision has resulted in a decreased stress level.  Cool!

So...shhhh...time to think, to read, to do nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment