Monday, January 4, 2021

2.3 My One Word...and My Intentions

My 2021 One Word:  Ponder

As of this second, my goal is to think more...instead of reacting. Yes, to ponder...and maybe ponder some more...then act.

Besides...I just do not like to apologize...maybe keeping my mouth closed and my opinions more to myself will assist in this having to apologize less!?  Yay!

My 2021 Top Ten Intentions:

Here in no certain order are my Top Ten Intentions...not resolutions...for 2021:

  1. Read more books!  I read 65 last year (see entire list here)...okay I would be happy with averaging one per week for a total of 52...which is still more than what I have read as of right now (already started on this intention!  Yay!).
    1. Book 1 = Read!  Someone Like Me by Karen Kingsbury = $1!
  2. Do my part to achieve this pandemic.  Several years ago, I went through the National Board Certification process, and their big word was/is "achieve."  Using that same energy and determination, I want to do my part and assist and encourage others to do their parts to beat this monster.
  3. Drink more water and fewer Diet Dr. Peppers.  The problem?  I really like Diet Dr. Pepper...water is just okay.  I need that to switch!
  4. Take time to think more...instead of reacting...and then thinking in hindsight.  My One Word this year is ponder...on this I will ponder...to be redundant!
  5. Tammy Time...time that involves less technology.  I really want to make six quilts, fill six canvas, and craft six projects.
  6. Listen to and learn more songs to play on the piano...have to listen to them for awhile...then, I can play them, as reading music is not my thing, for in that area I am illiterate, which is fine (for now) as God has gifted these fingers to be able to play what I hear.  You see...every time, I sit down and play the piano a miracle occurs...I cannot tell you now I know which keys to play when.  I just do.  For that, I am very grateful.
  7. Spend more quality time with my family...without stress.  Going to let the stress go.  Right...just like that. I do intend to do that.  As I type, several of my family and close friends are dealing with medical concerns.  Time is precious, people.
  8. Based on #7...allow more water to flow off this duck's back, resulting in less stress in my life.
  9. Keep a cleaner house.  Shhhh...during that 16 weeks teaching in a pandemic...the dust in my house became my new best friend...always there, very dependable, failed to stray, never talked back.  Therefore, I will be kind to the dust should it need to stick around at times, but I promise to not miss it when I encourage its leaving.
  10. Plan and prepare even more engaging lesson plans.  This does not always happen...but, as time allows, I will spend the energy on this...more music, videos, stories.  Just more, for I really do enjoy making and creating and working with my kiddos on these ideas that just come to me.  Fun!
  11. So...math is, also, not my thing...#11 = I want to write more...which really ties in with #4 (so maybe this one does not count, after all?!).
There!  Seems doable, feasible, realistic.  By intending, I set myself up for success...and not failure, for intentions are just more obtainable.  Don't words have power?  Just have to be careful and use the  right ones!

Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment