Sunday, January 13, 2019

1: My One Word

Since 2011, I have participated in the MyOneWord...what a journey!

How do I choose a word?  I like to the think the word chooses me...or more specifically, the Lord chooses the word for me.  I wait until the word will just not leave me; every time I think ponder on this...that one word is just there.

My Words


  • 2011:  Peace
  • 2012:  Quiet
  • 2013:  Fit
  • 2014:  Smile
  • 2015:  Complete
  • 2016:  All
  • 2017:  Diligent
  • 2018:  Less
  • 2019:  Birth
What an interesting mix of words.  Out of all the words in our language, He chose these for me for specific reasons that I could even foresee.

MY WORD:  Birth
Just to clear the air...fairly certain this has nothing to do with my birthing any babies! Physically (hysterectomies...had two partials...took care of that!), age-wise (am happy to be 52!), mentally/emotionally (time is full with all my students!)...just not going to happen!

In anticipation of 2019 and this word, how might I encounter this word?  I do plan to "birth" new projects:  quilts, paintings, flower beds.  Maybe other "new" events are to take place?


As JT just noted, our classroom design is new!  Yes, we are birthing a new theme and thematic layout.  Just Keep on Trucking!  Trucking with Class!  Flashback in Time!  Keep It Classy!  Currently, the kiddos are voting on a theme for us to use.  Interesting!

I have given birth once; therefore, from experience, while I know birth brings tremendous joy, first come the birthing pains!  Oh, my.  Thus, here I begin my thoughts for wisdom and courage and diligence to endure through whatever is coming my way in 2019.

Please tell me!  Have you chosen a word?  Better yet...has a word chosen you!?

No comments:

Post a Comment